Housing disrepair complaints for a Bolton at Home property
If you’re a tenant of Bolton at Home then your landlord has certain responsibilities towards you and the house that you live in. Whilst tenants have maintenance obligations of their own to help keep their environment safe, Bolton at Home are responsible for ensuring, amongst other things:
- That all flooring and staircases are safe to use
- That tenants have access to working sanitation systems
- That tenants have a functioning heating system and access to hot water
So, for example, if your staircase bannister is broken or faulty, which could pose a risk to those living in the property, it’s the responsibility of Bolton at Home to fix the problem and ensure that the property is structurally safe for you and your family.
When should I complain to Bolton at Home about repairs?
It’s always advised that you contact Bolton at Home as soon as you spot the problem, so that they can start the process of getting repairs done to your house. You can report repairs needed to the interior and exterior of the house on the Bolton at Home website, or in the case of an emergency, call 01204 32 8000.
Bolton at Home will prioritise your repairs according to their urgency.
- Emergency repairs are usually dealt with within a few hours and always within 24 hours of being reported
- Urgent repairs, which don’t carry an immediate risk to people or properly, are usually dealt with within a week or the report being made
- Non-urgent repairs are usually dealt with within seven working days
- Essential repairs (which usually refers to large, non-urgent repairs) are usually carried out within 21 days of the report
What can I do if Bolton at Home don’t make the repairs I need?
If you have reported disrepair in your house and Bolton at Home have not dealt with the problem within a reasonable timescale, it’s possible that you may be eligible for disrepair compensation. If you’re able to make a claim, you can include costs for any belongings that have been damaged by the disrepair or any suffering that you, or another member of your household, have gone through as a result of the repair not being done earlier.