Affinity Sutton housing disrepair complaints

If your rented home in is owned by Affinity Sutton, both you and the housing association are legally obligated ensure that the property is kept to a reasonable standard. On their part, they are expected to carry out any necessary maintenance and/or repairs on your home, throughout the course of your tenancy. This will include the following:

  • Readily available electricity, gas, hot water and heating
  • A building that is safe and well-maintained structurally in the eyes of the law
  • A damp-free home, along with adequate access to sinks, toilets and drainage
  • Vermin control if necessary

So, if you have found that your home doesn’t have adequate access to electricity, or perhaps if you find that Affinity Sutton have left the structure of your property to fall into disarray, it is important that you report the problems before yours or your family’s wellbeing is put in danger.

Poor living conditions can affect your lifestyle, but they can also affect the health of both you and your family. Rising damp or mould in your home, for example, can cause serious health issues for young children and adults suffering from respiratory conditions.

Should I contact Affinity Sutton about housing disrepairs?

Yes, if you believe that your rented home is an unsafe place for you and your family to live, you should report all of the problems to Affinity Sutton as quickly as possible. In an emergency, you can call 0870 025 0228 and Affinity Sutton will deal with your problem as quickly as possible, or put you in touch with the correct person to help

If there anything I can do, legally, if Affinity Sutton haven’t dealt with my housing complaints within 15 working days?

If you find that Affinity Sutton are not dealing with your housing disrepair issues in a reasonable amount of time, and you believe you or your family are at risk, our council housing solicitors may be able to claim against the trust on your behalf – for both compensation and for the repairs in question.

To find out the rights you hold as a tenant, or for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email