Babergh Mid Suffolk District Council housing disrepair complaints

If you live in a rented property that is owned by Babergh Mid Suffolk district council, both you and your landlord will have signed a tenancy agreement that legally requires that the property is kept to a satisfactory standard of living. You, as the tenant, will be expected to maintain the property on a day-to-day basis, whilst Babergh Mid Suffolk district council will be responsible for carrying out any required maintenance and/or repairs on your home, throughout the course of your tenancy. Required maintenance can include:

  • Well-maintained access to gas, electricity, heating and hot water
  • Any structural repairs that are required in order for the property to be considered legally safe
  • Ensuring that there is access to sinks, toilets and drainage solutions
  • Damp and mould management
  • Pest control

Living in a house that is falling into disrepair is not only unsightly and inconvenience, but it may also have a negative effect on the health of both you and your family. Rising damp, for example, can cause ongoing health problems for young children and adults suffering from respiratory conditions, whilst pest control issues can cause a variety of illnesses if not treated

So, if you believe that Babergh Mid Suffolk district council have left your rented property to fall into disarray, you must report any issues you may have before yours or your family’s wellbeing is put in danger.

Contacting Babergh Mid Suffolk district council about housing disrepairs?

If you believe that your rented home is falling into disrepair or is no longer a safe place for you and your family to, make sure that you report the problems to Babergh Mid Suffolk district council as soon as possible. In an emergency, contact Babergh Mid Suffolk district council on 0808 168 7794 or use the complaints form online.

Babergh Mid Suffolk district have not dealt with my housing disrepair issues

If you believe that Babergh Mid Suffolk district council haven’t taken your housing complaints seriously, or the length of time that they are taking to dealt with any issues is unreasonable, our expert housing solicitors may be able to claim against the company on your behalf.

To find out the rights you hold as a tenant, or for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0151 909 8212 or email