Complaining about disrepair in a Together Housing property


Together Housing is the new name of the combined housing associations previously known as Twin Valley Homes, Chevin, Green Vale Homes, Housing Pendle and Pennine Housing. If you’re a tenant in a Together Housing property, your landlord has obligations to ensure that your home is structurally safe and that essential services are maintained. Their legal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Ensuring tenants have safe access to hot water, gas and electricity
  • Ensuring tenants have a functioning heating system
  • Ensuring the structure of the building is safe and does not present a hazard to people or property

For example, if roof tiles become loose and there is a danger of tiles falling to the ground below, this presents a clear danger and is the responsibility of Together Housing to fix as soon as possible.

When should I complain to Together Housing about repairs that are needed?

Ideally, you should report any things that need repairing to Together Housing as soon as you spot the problem. The sooner that they know about it, the sooner they can fix the issue. You can report repairs to Together Housing through their website, in person at your closest office, or by phone. You can do this by calling their customer service line on 0300 555 5560.

Depending on the type of repair needed, the amount of time that it should take Together Housing to fix the job will vary. Emergency repairs, which present an immediate risk to people or property, will be prioritised over repairs which are less serious. However, all repairs which are your landlord’s responsibility should be fixed within a reasonable timeframe.

What can I do if Together Housing don’t make the repairs?

If you have fully reported the repairs that are needed and Together Housing have not fixed the problem within a reasonable amount of time, it might be possible for you to make a compensation claim against them. If you, or anyone else who lives with you, has suffered as a result of the disrepair not being fixed more quickly, or if you’ve had any personal belongings damaged as a result of it, you could be eligible to claim.

Contact CEL Solicitors to discuss further and for a free initial claim assessment, by calling 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email