Complaining about housing disrepair for an Adullam Homes property

If you are a tenant, many of the repairs to your property are the responsibility of the Adullam Homes Housing Association. While this does not include some of the minor upkeep and general cleaning (which tenants are responsible for), it does cover all structural disrepair. It also means that any fixtures and fittings installed by the housing association must be maintained and repaired by them, provided they have been used properly.

Examples of repairs the housing association will carry out include:

  • Repairing or replacing burst pipes
  • Replacing broken doors and windows
  • Fixing loose floorboards

How can I let Adullam Homes know when a repair is needed?

There is a form on the Adullam Homes website which allows you to fill in the details of the repair and leave contact details for them to get in touch with you. If you need a more immediate response, you can call them directly on 0121 633 5726. Alternatively, if you have a My Tenancy account, you can use this system to request repairs and track their progress.

How long will it take for Adullam to repair my home?

There is no set timeframe for these repairs to take place. However, your landlord is legally obliged to make repairs within a reasonable timeframe. If you have concerns about the safety of your home, the housing association is obligated to get the property back to liveable conditions as quickly as possible. If you have used My Tenancy to request the repair, this will update periodically and let you know when the repair will be complete.

If you feel that they have not responded to the disrepair within a reasonable time, or if a delay in repairs has caused further damage to your home and belongings, you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim with CEL Solicitors. To discuss this with one of our experienced solicitors, simply give us a call on 0151 909 8212, or email