Golden Gates Housing Trust disrepair complaints

If you rent your home from Golden Gates Housing Trust, your landlord has a legal duty to maintain the property and carry out any necessary repairs over the course of your tenancy.  This includes, but isn’t limited to:

  • Full access to hot water and heating
  • A building that is structurally sound in the eyes of the law
  • Easily available access to electricity and gas
  • A damp-free home
  • Vermin control

If, for example, the Golden Gates Housing Trust home that you are renting doesn’t have access to hot water, or if you believe that structure of the building is damaged, it is important that you take action before yours or your family’s wellbeing is compromised.

Poor conditions in your rented home are not only inconvenient, but issues such as rising damp can also be dangerous – particularly for young children and adults suffering from respiratory conditions.

Can I complain to Golden Gates Housing Trust if my home needs repairs?

Yes, any concerns that you have regarding disrepair to your home should be reported to Golden Gates Housing Trust as soon as possible. If the issue is an emergency, for example; anything that could seriously damage your health or the property, you should call 01925 452452, and the problem with be addressed within 4 hours. If the issue isn’t an emergency, it should be dealt with within 15 working days.

Is there anything I can do if Golden Gates Housing Trust hasn’t dealt with my housing complaints within 15 working days?

If you have reported housing repair concerns to Golden Gates Housing Trust, but the issues haven’t been addressed with within 15 working days, council housing solicitors may be able to claim against the trust on your behalf – for both compensation and for the repairs in question.

To find out the rights you hold as a tenant, or for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email