Housing Association Complaints & Claims

Poor conditions in your home can not only create an unpleasant living environment, but they can also put both yours and your family’s health and wellbeing at serious risk. It is crucial that you report any concerns you may have to your landlord as soon as possible, as housing association repair obligations clearly state that it is their legal duty to keep the property up to the required standard of living.

However, if your housing association complaints have been ignored by your landlord, you may find that you can take legal action against them for both the repairs, along with compensation for yourself.

Housing Association Tenancy Rights

When you move into a housing association rented home, the contract that both you and your landlord sign is a legal agreement that the property will be kept up to an appropriate living standard by both parties involved.

This can include, but is not limited to:

  • A pest and vermin-free home
  • A safe and structurally sound building
  • Easily available access to heating, hot water, electricity and gas
  • Fully working sanitation – including baths, toilets, drains and basins.)
  • A damp-free and mould-free home

For example, your property may have limited, or no, access to hot water, or the housing association are not doing repairs to the structure of the building. As well as being highly inconvenient, you may find that yours or your family’s health is affected because of it. So, if you have found yourself suffering due to poor living standards, then we may be able to help.

Housing Association Solicitors

At CEL Solicitors we believe that everyone deserves to live in a safe, well-maintained property, so we take the housing association repairs and maintenance policy very seriously.

We understand that, as a tenant, you may have concerns when it comes to claiming against your landlord, but our expert team of housing association solicitors can guide you through the process and help to secure the compensation you deserve. To find out your housing association tenancy rights and for a free initial assessment of your claim contact us today on 0808 281 2660 or 0203 893 2499; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk.

Social Landlord Directory