Housing Disrepair complaints for an Adactus Housing property
If you’re a tenant of Adactus Housing, your landlord has certain responsibilities to you, in order to ensure your home is structurally secure and safe for you and your household to live in. They are legally responsible for making sure you have:
- A home free from penetrative damp and resulting mould
- Safe access to gas, electricity, hot water and heating
- A property with no immediate hazards to health or safety
So, for example, if you experience a total loss of power to your home, it is the responsibility of your landlord to fix the problem within a reasonable timeframe, so that the house is a safe place for you and your family to live.
Should I report disrepair issues to Adactus Housing?
You should absolutely report any issues with your home that require repair as quickly as possible after the problem is discovered. You can do this by calling 0300 111 1133. Depending on the type of repair needed, Adactus Housing will handle it according to their criteria:
- Emergencies – repair within 24 hours
- Urgent – repair within 3 working days
- Routine – repair within 15 working days
- Non-routine – repair within 30 working days
- Sometimes with emergency repairs, they will undertake a temporary repair in order to make the situation safe, then return to carry out a permanent repair within 10 days.
What happens if Adactus Housing don’t make the repairs to my home?
If you have reported any disrepair issues to Adactus Housing and they have not taken steps to fix the problem(s) within the timeframes that they set out, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim; especially if any of your personal belongings have been damaged by the disrepair or if you, or anyone else in the household, have suffered as a result of the issue.