Housing disrepair complaints for an Adur Homes property

As a social housing association, Adur homes has a responsibility to complete maintenance and repairs on their properties, helping to ensure the safety of their tenants. However, occupants are still obligated to carry out basic upkeep and ensure the property is kept clean.

If the property falls into disrepair through no fault of the occupant, the housing association must be contacted as soon as possible. Examples of disrepair that Adur Homes will fix include:

  • Damage to any shared/communal areas or shared facilities
  • Issues with the exterior and interior structure, including chimneys and windows
  • Broken heating, water or electrical systems

How can I get in touch with Adur Homes to arrange repairs?

In the event of an emergency, meaning the disrepair is posing a serious health and safety risk or could badly damage property, occupants should call the out of hours service line on 07713 889 128. Alternatively, for non-urgent repairs, there is a freephone number to call: 0800 783 7150. There are also online services available at the Adur Homes website where tenants can fill in a self-service form, or send an SMS with their complaint.

Why haven’t Adur Homes completed my repair yet?

How urgently the repair is needed will dictate how long it takes for Adur Homes to complete it. If the property is unsafe, they are obligated to return it to a liveable state as quickly as possible. This may mean carrying out an immediate fix to make the house safe and returning at a later date to carry out further work. If you are unsatisfied with the length of time it has taken for the repair to be completed, particularly if this has caused you distress or even resulted in the property deteriorating, you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim.

To find out about your options, call CEL Solicitors on 0151 909 8212, or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk.