Housing disrepair complaints for an Aldwyck Housing Group property

Aldwyck Housing Group carry out maintenance on their properties, ensuring they remain in a liveable condition for their tenants. Even if an occupant has been taking reasonable care of the property, general wear and tear can mean that structural or serious repairs are needed. Should your home fall into some disrepair, the housing group may be responsible for fixing it.

Examples of disrepair that Aldwyck Housing Group are responsible for include:

  • Broken central heating installations
  • Faulty electrical sockets
  • Burst water pipes resulting in flooding

How do I contact Aldwyck Housing Group to arrange a repair?

Aldwyck Housing Group have their own free app available from the iOS and Android stores, which allows you to contact them if your property is in disrepair. Alternatively, there is a telephone number which can be used during office hours for non-urgent repairs, or out of hours if there is an emergency: 0300 500 6262. The office hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. There are also ways to contact them online, either by sending an email detailing the repair to repairs@aldwyck.co.uk or by filling in the contact form on their website.

What if Aldwyck Housing Group don’t complete a repair?

Aldwyck Housing Group intend to respond to all routine repair requests within 20 days, with more urgent requests being addressed usually within 5 days, and real emergencies taking up to 24 hours to resolve. If your property is currently unsafe due to the disrepair, this work will take priority and any health and safety concerns must be raised with the housing association immediately.

In some cases, there may be a delay in getting your repair completed. For example, in an emergency, they may carry out enough work to make the property safe again, and return at a later time to improve it. However, if a delay has resulted in a risk to health and safety, including damage to your personal property, then this is unacceptable and you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim. For more information and advice on this type of claim, contact CEL Solicitors on 0151 909 8212, or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk.