Housing Disrepair complaints for a Calico Homes property


If you live in a house owned by Calico Homes, they have certain responsibilities to you, as a tenant, to help ensure that your property is a safe place to live. Their legal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Fixing any broken guttering or drainage problems that could cause damp issues within the home
  • Ensuring tenants can access gas, electricity and hot water safely in the property
  • Ensuring that tenants have a functioning heating system and appropriate sanitation facilities (e.g. a working toilet, sink, bath/shower)

For example, if your only toilet were to break, it’s the responsibility of Calico Homes to fix it within a reasonable timeframe and restore this essential facility in your property.

When do I complain to Calico Homes about repairs needed?

You should log a repair report with Calico Homes as quickly as possible after you discover the problem. Emergency repairs can be reported by phone, on 01282 686300 and other repairs can be reported via your online account or by dropping into the Burney HQ in person.

They claim to provide a 24-hour repairs service and aim to complete all repairs within a single visit, when possible. Appointments for carrying out repairs will be discussed once the problem has been reported.

What if Calico Homes don’t carry out the repairs needed?

If you have reported the disrepair issues to Calico Homes through the right channels and they do not attempt to fix the problem within a reasonable timeframe, it could be possible that you’re eligible to make a compensation claim. If you, or any other member of your household, has suffered as a result of the disrepair or your personal belongings have been damaged because of the problem, you might be able to claim for this, as well as for the repairs to be done.

You can contact CEL Solicitors for a free initial claim assessment, on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or by email at info@celsolicitors.co.uk.