Housing disrepair complaints with a Cobalt Housing property

If you rent your property from Cobalt Housing, it is their legal duty to carry out any necessary council housing repairs and maintenance on the property.  This can include, but isn’t limited to:

  • Adequate access to hot water
  • A well-maintained and structurally sound building in the eyes of the law
  • Easily available access to heating, hot water, electricity and gas
  • A mould and damp-free home

So, for example, if the Cobalt Housing property you are renting has no available hot water or you believe that it is an unsafe place for you and your family to live, it is important to take action before yours or your family’s wellbeing is compromised.

Poor conditions in your rented home are not only inconvenient, but issues such as rising damp can also be dangerous – particularly for young children and adults suffering from respiratory conditions.

Should I complain to Cobalt Housing about disrepair in my home?

Yes, you should report your concerns to Cobalt Housing as soon as possible. If the issue is an emergency, call 0330 303 2222 and Cobalt Housing will deal with your complaint within 4 hours if it is a health and safety problem, and 3 days if it is urgent. If the issue isn’t an emergency, it should be dealt with within 28 days.

Is there anything I can do if Cobalt Housing haven’t dealt with my housing complaints?

If you have already reported housing repair concerns to Cobalt Housing, but they haven’t been dealt with within 28 days, council housing solicitors may be able to claim against them on your behalf for both compensation and for the repairs in question.

To find out your rights as a tenant, and for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk