Housing disrepair complaints with a Knowsley Housing Trust property

If you’re a tenant renting from Knowsley Housing Trust, they have a legal duty to carry out certain repairs and maintenance on the property to ensure living conditions are acceptable and provide an adequate standard of living. Some areas that fall under the responsibility of Knowsley Housing Trust include:

  • Repairing plumbing problems and leaks caused by disrepair
  • Removing and fixing instances of damp and mould brought on by disrepair
  • External drainage problems such as faulty downpipes and drains
  • Unsafe flooring and stairs that could lead to fall damage
  • Access to gas, electricity, heating and hot water

Housing disrepair can go beyond the inconvenient. If you’ve moved into a Knowsley Housing Trust property, for example, and pests and vermin have entered and continue to enter the property due to disrepair, it’s their responsibility to solve the issue.

Leaks and poor sanitation solutions could also lead to health issues for individual tenants and their families. Damp and mould, for instance, due to leaks around the property caused by disrepair could lead to health problems for both adults and children.

Should I contact Knowsley Housing Trust about a property complaint?

Yes. If you have a housing complaint concerning a Knowsley Housing Trust property then you should register it as soon as possible. Knowsley Housing Trust can be contacted by phone on 0151 290 7000 from 8:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Friday and 9:30am to 1:00pm Saturday. They have an emergency repairs service outside those hours; they claim a 24-hour response to emergency repairs with a response time of 28 days for routine repairs.

What if Knowsley Housing Trust hasn’t dealt with my complaint within 28 days?

If you’ve made a housing complaint to Knowsley Housing Trust and they haven’t responded to your issue within 28 days, specialist solicitors may be able to make a housing disrepair claim against them on your behalf for both the repairs in question and compensation.

To get a free initial assessment about your claim and to find out more information about your rights as a tenant, contact CEL solicitors today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk