Housing disrepair complaints if you live in an Aragon Housing property

All tenants of Aragon Housing Association have a right to expect their landlord to make sure that the home they live in is maintained structurally and has safe access to vital services. The responsibilities of Aragon Housing include, but are not limited to:

  • Repairing any damage to the roof that is allowing water in and causing damp
  • Maintaining the tenant’s safe access to gas, electricity and water supplies
  • Ensuring there is working sanitation and drainage in the property
  • Fixing leaks caused by faulty or degraded piping or plumbing

How do I contact Aragon Housing when my home needs a repair?

You can report a repair to an Aragon Housing Association property through a form on their website, but for urgent repairs, it is best to contact them by phone to make sure that they are alerted about the issue as quickly as possible.

Non-urgent repairs can be reported during office hours on 0300 123 5544 or you can write to Aragon Housing or pop into their office to report the problem. Use the same number for emergency repairs, including out-of-hours (after 5pm) and choose Option 1. If you suspect a gas leak or carbon monoxide, you can call 0800 177 7003 to report it.

Non-urgent repairs will be allocated an appointment slot of your choosing for someone to come and view the problem. If possible, it will be fixed there and then. However, sometimes a further visit may be needed to make a full repair.

What are my options if Aragon Housing haven’t done the repair I expected?

When you report the disrepair to Aragon Housing Association, they should give you an idea of how long it will take for a contractor to be sent out to your property to view the problem and attempt to repair it. If they have not made the necessary repairs within a reasonable amount of time, you might be able to make a claim against the housing association, for both the repair itself to be done ASAP, and a claim may also include compensation for any distress, inconvenience or personal expenses that the tenant has experienced that are related to the disrepair.

If you would like advice on making a claim, or want to know if your complaint is eligible for compensation, get in touch with one of our expert social housing solicitors on 0151 909 8212, or by emailing info@celsolicitors.co.uk.