Housing disrepair complaints with a Rochdale Housing property

Tenants living in a property supplied by Rochdale Boroughwide Housing have certain rights; one of the most important being that Rochdale Housing has a legal requirement to perform property repairs and maintenance to ensure living standards are kept adequate. Amongst their duties are:

  • Providing full access to heating, electricity, gas and hot water
  • Maintaining the structural integrity of the building and removing defective brickwork
  • Resolving plumbing leaks and internal and external drainage issues
  • Providing pest control responses should vermin enter through disrepair
  • Dealing with issues including damp and mould accumulating through disrepair

Not only could problems like the above contribute to poor living conditions, they could also have effects on tenants’ overall health if property neglect and housing disrepair develop into something more serious.

Housing disrepair could also be a contributing factor to other stressful issues within the home. Belongings may become damaged and have to be replaced due to accidents involving uneven flooring, trip hazards on stairs, plumbing leaks and more.

Can I contact Rochdale Housing about any complaints I may have?

Yes. Any housing disrepair you discover or issues you experience should be reported to Rochdale Housing as soon as possible. Housing complaints can be submitted by calling Rochdale Housing on 0800 027 7769 or by completing a form on their website. The Rochdale Housing repairs policy claims to provide a two-hour response to emergency repairs, a 24-hour response for urgent work and an appointment within 15 working days for routine repairs to be completed.

What if I’ve waited for more than 15 days after submitting my housing complaint?

For tenants that have been waiting for longer than the allotted policy times for their housing complaints to be resolved could be entitled to make a housing disrepair claim through a specialist solicitor on their behalf for compensation and the repairs in question.

If you’re a Rochdale Housing tenant and want to learn more about your rights, and for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk