Housing disrepair complaints for a Twin Valley Homes property

Twin Valley homes have now combined with several other housing associations, to become Together Housing. If you’re a tenant living in a Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing property, your landlord has a duty of care to ensure that the structure and permanent fittings of your home are maintained to an adequate standard. Their legal responsibilities to their tenants include, but are not limited to:

  • Access to a functioning heating system
  • Safe access to hot water, gas and electricity
  • Ensuring a structurally safe home

If your heating system or boiler breaks, for example, it’s the responsibility of Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing to fix the problem and restore your essential services within a reasonable timeframe.

Can I complain to Twin Valley Homes about disrepair in my property?

As soon as you discover a problem that is your landlord’s responsibility to fix, you should report it to Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing. You can do this by calling their customer service line on 0300 555 5560, or via their website. They classify repairs in one of two ways:

  • The repair presents an immediate risk to the safety or health of tenants or visitors, or to property e.g. major electrical faults, uncontainable water leaks etc. This is a top priority repair by Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing
  • The repair does not present an immediate risk to person or property e.g. leaking radiators or a broken extractor fan, in which case Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing will fix the problem by appointment

What should I do if Twin Valley Homes don’t fix the problem in a reasonable timeframe?

If you have reported the disrepair to Twin Valley Homes/Together Housing appropriately and they have failed to take steps to make the necessary repairs or have not responded to your complaint after some time, you might be eligible to make a compensation claim against them.

If you, or anyone else living at the property, have suffered as a result of the disrepair or your personal belongings have been damaged, you might be able to make a claim. For more information and a free initial assessment of your potential claim, contact CEL Solicitors on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk