Housing disrepair complaints with a Willow Park Housing Trust property

If you’re a tenant living in a Willow Park property, your landlord has certain responsibilities and legal duties when it comes to repairing and maintaining your house. Willow Park Housing Trust must ensure that your home is in a good order of repair and meets their own adequate living standards. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Ensuring the tenant has safe access to hot water & a functioning heating system
  • Providing a structurally safe home
  • Ensuring the tenant has safe access to electricity and gas
  • Ensuring there are no exterior drainage issues due to roof problems or fault guttering/pipes

For example, your boiler may stop functioning as it should, meaning that you’re left without heating and hot water. It’s Willow Park’s responsibility, as your landlord, to fix the boiler and ensure that you have access to these essential amenities, and that the welfare of your household is not put at risk.

Not only can disrepair like this in your home cause obvious problems like a lack of heating, it can also cause health issues in some cases, with the old and young being especially vulnerable to low temperatures at certain times of the year.

At CEL Solicitors, we believe that every household has a right to live in a safe property.

When should I report housing disrepair issues to Willow Park Housing Trust?

You should report any problems in your house which will need repair to Willow Park as soon as possible after you discover the issue. Hopefully, the sooner you contact them, the sooner the repairs are carried out. You can contact their maintenance and repair team on 0800 633 5500 or 0300 111 000. They offer repairs by appointment and may send someone out to assess a problem before repairs take place.

What can I do if Willow Park don’t fix the problem?

If you reported the problem to Willow Park Housing Trust and they have not taken action to make repairs after a reasonable amount of time, it might be possible for you to make a compensation claim against them. If you, or anyone in your household, has suffered as a result of the disrepair, or your own personal property has been damaged, you may be able to claim for this, along with getting the necessary repairs done.

If you would like some free initial advice on a potential disrepair claim and your rights as a Willow Park tenant, get in touch with us today at CEL Solicitors on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk