Housing disrepair issues with a City West Housing Trust rental property

If you live in a City West Housing Trust property, the rental agreement that both you and your landlord sig3n when you move in is a legal agreement that states that the property will be maintained to an adequate standard by both parties. This includes:

  • Ensuring that the building is safe and structurally sound
  • There is working sanitation in the home, (including suitable drainage, working baths and basins and flushable toilets)
  • Access to hot water, heating, electricity and gas
  • A home that is free from vermin, mould and damp

However, if you feel that your complaints regarding any issues with your City West Housing Trust rented property are not being taken seriously by your landlord, you may have a case to take legal action for the repairs, along with compensation for yourself.

Not only can a poorly maintained property create an undesirable living environment, but it can also pose health issues for you and your family. It is important that you report any concerns you may have to the housing trust as soon as they arise, as repair obligations clearly state that they have a legal duty to ensure that your property is kept to the required standard of living.

How do I complain to City West Housing Trust about issues in my home?

If it is an emergency, it’s important that you call City West Housing Trust as soon as possible on 0300 123 55 22 all and the issue will be handled accordingly.

What should I do if City West Housing Trust haven’t responded to my housing complaints?

If you have reported your concerns to City West Housing Trust, but believe that they have failed to take any action to resolve the issue in question, you may be eligible to claim compensation.

To find out your rights as a tenant, and for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact us today on 0808 273 0900 or 0203 925 4551; or email info@celsolicitors.co.uk