Making a housing disrepair complaint about an Accord Group property

If you live in a property owned by the Accord Group, you will have received information outlining your responsibilities as a tenant, as well as your landlord’s responsibilities, when your tenancy started. This will tell you what you need to do as a tenant, by way of maintaining your property, and should also tell you what you need to do if your home needs a repair that is down to your landlord to fix. In an Accord Group home, the areas that your landlord is responsible for repairing, include:

  • The structure and outside of the property e.g. roof, chimney stack, drains and gutters
  • Basins, sinks, baths and toilets
  • Plumbing pipework, electrical wiring and central heating
  • Windows and doors, floors and ceilings

If your home needs some of the above repairs, it could currently be unsafe for you and your household to live in, so you need to report the problems to your landlord as soon as possible.

The Accord Group are not responsible for making repairs to your home if the damage has been caused by you, your pets or anyone visiting you.

How do I complain to the Accord Group about disrepair in my property?

You can report a repair to the Accord Group on their customer service line by calling 0300 111 7000, or you can log into your online customer account on their website. You can also call into your local office or email them on For emergency repairs, where the disrepair is putting people’s health, safety or belongings at risk, it’s important that you call them on the above number, which is open 24/7.

The amount of time it takes the Accord Group to arrange repairs to your home will depend on the type of work needed. Emergencies are usually responded to within a few hours, but further appointments may be needed to provide a permanent repair. Less urgent repairs that you report will be arranged by appointment.

What if the Accord Group didn’t make the repairs that they promised?

If you have reported the disrepair in your home to the Accord Group correctly but they haven’t responded to your complaint or made arrangements to carry out repairs in a reasonable amount of time, you may be eligible to make a claim against them. You deserve to live in a home that is safe and hazard-free! If your disrepair claim is successful, the court will order your landlord to make the repairs that are needed. You may also be eligible for some compensation for what has happened, if the disrepair caused anyone in your home to have health problems, an injury, or meant that some of your personal belongings had to be replaced.

Contact CEL Solicitors for a free claim assessment and to discuss your options. Call us on 0203 925 4551.