This guide is not a replacement for reading the small print of our Agreement. When you sign our Agreement, you’re bound by it (subject to your cancellation rights below), but here are the key bits:
- Our Agreement sets out how we’ll manage your claim and how we’ll be paid for the work we do.
- We’ll run the claim without any upfront cost or risk to you. In practice, this means:
- We’re only paid if we ‘win’ your claim, i.e. settle your claim.
- If we lose, you pay nothing.
- We cover the expenses of pursuing your claim (e.g. barrister’s fees, expert fees and court fees).
- d) We cover the risk of you losing and having to pay your opponent’s costs via an insurance policy, the cost of which is £1680 and is usually recovered in full from the Defendant.
- If we ‘win’, our fees and costs are deducted from your award and nothing comes out of pocket. Some of our fees are recoverable from your opponent in the event of a win, but the success fee will not be.
- We cap our fees and costs to be no more than 25% of your total award. Depending on how much we recover, and the overall time and amount of legal work needed, it may even be much less than 25%.
- You have the right to cancel the Agreement within 14 days of receiving it without risk of any financial responsibility. You may also cancel after the 14-day period but we may, although unlikely, charge for work we have undertaken on your behalf during that time.