Reporting housing disrepair for an Action Housing property

For tenants living in an Action Housing and Support property, the majority of repairs and maintenance will be carried out by the housing association, while occupants will be responsible for basic upkeep. If any disrepair occurs to the building’s structure or fixtures, get in touch with the housing association to arrange repairs.

Examples of disrepair include:

  • Burst pipes
  • Broken doors or windows
  • Faulty heating and electrical equipment

How can I arrange a repair with Action Housing?

To speak to someone from Action Housing regarding a repair, there are two phone numbers you can call. The line for the maintenance department is 01709 821251, and this is open from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. If you experience an emergency outside of these hours, simply call 0800 0756699 and, if the association agree that it is urgent, they will arrange for a contractor to come out as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will leave a message for the maintenance department to pick up the next working day.

If you have access to the internet, you can request a My Tenancy login from your housing officer and report the disrepair through the website.

What can I do if Action Housing haven’t completed a repair?

Action Housing state they will deal with all repairs within 28 days, with emergencies dealt with much sooner. If you feel your repair is more urgent, call the maintenance department and explain your concerns. If you believe you are unsafe in the property, that the repair has taken too long, or if the disrepair causes damage to any of your personal items, you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim. In addition to getting the repair organised with the housing association, any distress or personal expense resulting from the disrepair might be compensated.

If you are unsure of your rights and would like some advice, get in touch with CEL Solicitors today on 0151 909 8212, or email