Six Town Housing disrepair complaints

Legally, if you rent your home from Six Town Housing, both you and your landlord are required to ensure that the property is kept up to a suitable standard of living.

These standards include:

  • Working sanitation – including full access to working sinks and baths, flushing toilets, baths and unblocked drains
  • A structurally safe property
  • Access to heating and hot water
  • A home that is free from damp, mould and vermin
  • Gas and electricity

This means that, if Six Town Housing have failed to deal with any damage to the structure of your home, or have left you without access to flushing toilets or hot water, you may be able to claim against them with the help of a housing disrepair solicitor. Poor quality living conditions are not only inconvenient, but may be detrimental to yours and your family’s health. This is especially concerning when it comes to issues such as mould or rising damp around children, or anyone with respiratory conditions.

At CEL Solicitors, our team of expert solicitors specialise in dealing with social housing complaints, and are passionate about fighting for everyone’s right to live in a well-maina=tained and safe property.

Can I complain to Six Town Housing about disrepair in my rented property?

If you have any concerns about your rented home, ensure that you report any concerns to Six Town Housing as quickly as possible. In an emergency, you can call 0808 144 5368 and Six Town Housing will respond 24 hours. Non-emergency, but urgent, repairs will be responded to within 5 days, and all other complaints should be resolved within 15 working days.

What should I do if Six Town Housing haven’t dealt with my housing complaints?

If you have complained about housing disrepair to Six Town Housing, but you feel that they have failed to deal with the report within the promised amount of time, our housing association solicitors may be able to help you to against them, for both compensation and for the repairs in question.

For more information about your rights as a tenant, and for a free initial assessment of your claim, contact CEL Solicitors today on 0808 281 2660 or 0203 893 2499; or email