Full-time, Permanent, 34.5 hours per week
CEL Solicitor Require a COLP Head of Compliance and Risk Managment
CANDIDATES MUST BE QUALIFIED SOLICITORS FOR OVER 5 YEARS.
We are looking to recruit an extremely well organised full time COLP to be Head of Compliance and Risk Management. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to become a Director and have a seat on the management board. We are a people before profit law firm, who celebrate excellence in law and gratitude is our attitude. We are seeking a team player to work in a collaborative Environment. Work in the best legal office in Liverpool dubbed ‘Scouse Silicon Valley’ by the Law Society Gazette.
The role will include liaising Directors, Litigation teams, Solicitors, Finance, Marketing and administrative teams as well as assisting with the financial management and regulatory requirements of the firm, including the application and maintenance of Lexcel, completing a monthly COLP and COFA Report to be signed off by the Directors, dealing with complaints and compliance issues generally. Assisting the COFA. The role requires a confident and enthusiastic individual to assist a rapidly growing firm and offers excellent salary and long-term prospects for the right candidate.
General Firm Management
- A seat on the management board to assist with the continued growth of the firm.
- General staff management and day to day supervision.
Litigation Team Management
- Assist in Managing the litigation teams and make sure performance is good and we are hitting targets;
- Reviewing reports to assist in individual and team performance.
Human Resource Management
- Manage all personnel files to include inductions, employment contracts, grievances and disciplinary;
- Manage recruitment including identification of role vacancies, preparation of job descriptions, advertising and interviewing and assessing candidates for administrative roles and assisting Directors in relation to the same with fee earners;
- Monitor and feedback to the Directors on staff performance in relation to staff.
- Appraisals and 1-2-1s for staff;
- Supervise the maintaining of the continued professional development and training records;
- Ensuring compliance with Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation;
- Ensuring up to date records are kept of the firm’s staff databases, delegating where appropriate to the Office Manager and HR Assistant.
- Pro Claim experience needed;
- Must create and manage SQLs to manage performance.
- Applying for and maintaining compliance with Lexcel;
- Monitoring and reporting on Lexcel compliance to the directors;
- Ensuring all firm’s policies and procedures are up to date, compliant with current legislation and amended as and when required;
- Providing internal training on firm’s policies and procedures / Lexcel etc;
- Industries Legal services
- Years of experience 5+ years
- Career level Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Education Level Undergraduate degree, Solicitor 5 years PQE
- Completing a monthly COLP and COFA Report to be agreed and signed off by COLP and COFA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£75,000.00 per year
- Office management: 5 years (Preferred)
Reference ID: COLP
Expected start date: 01/11/2020
To apply for this position please send your CV across to
We look forward to hearing from you!