What can I claim for?

If you have any impairment that affects your day to day life and changes to your property will assist you in gaining independence or improving your general well-being, the first step is to formally request the change via your landlord or council.

If you have requested the change and there has been a reasonable about of time since with no amends made, you could make claim.

For any breach of the Equality Act, you are able to make a claim. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Adaptations to your home required to improve your well-being not being made within reasonable time
  • Poor living conditions that are worsening mental or physical health conditions
  • Unsafe housing conditions for your children which have not been rectified
  • Lack of explanation or violation of your housing rights

With all of the above, it is important that you speak to your landlord first. When making a claim, you need to first prove that steps were taken to rectify the problem with your landlord directly.

Find out if you could be eligible to make a claim by giving our team of friendly, professional advisors a call on 0808 273 0900

Skip to content